Friday, July 9, 2010

Silence is golden

In the past I have always been oddly lucky.
When most parents fear sudden silence in their house
I have always....always...found kids reading.
I understand it seems unreal, but it's true
...part of it is because they don't work together...it's usually 3 against 1...someone is always willing to rat the other 2 out...
so silence isn't usually a bad thing.

Today, was a bit different.
We had been at the pool for about 3 hours this morning, and I when we got home I made lunch. I started realizing how quiet it was and that I hadn't seen anyone in awhile.
I went up to get them (I took my camera to prove they were reading)...
but this is what I actually found....



It's been forever since they have all three taken naps...
let alone gone and done it on their own.
They slept for 2 hours!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

oh how precious!

Style Attic said...

I'm glad you grabbed a camera girl. Now this memory is sure to last forever :)