Thursday, February 18, 2010

Monthly attitude adjustment

Warning for all my gentlemen readers....this is girlie stuff...if you don't want to hear about my PMSing mood right now - you should stop here!

What is it about "that time of month" that makes us nuts. Mine has been particularly bad the last 6 months or so. I can feel it coming from days away!

The ravenous hunger for anything with icing...cookies, pretzels, graham crackers...a tupperware container with a spoon...
The overly emotional reactions to the slightest joke...meaning I take them all very personally and am deeply offended if they are remotely in my direction.
The silly desire to drop the "F" bomb every time something is out-of-sorts...just because "oh darn it" just doesn't cut it this week.
The continual underlying grumpiness that always wants to come out.
The unrealistic expectation that my husband...brother...and children...all read my mind and act before I melt down.
The over-analyzing of all of my downfalls and disappointments...or the ones that I see under the magnifying glass anyway. (Let me tell you how thrilled I am the the Olympics are on this week!! HAHAHA...that's just irony in perfect form!)
Being lazy and not caring, but regretting it and sulking over it all night.
Feeling that people have the nerve to ask anything of me and expet me to smile while doing it.... It can be as simple as handing them a napkin or as involved as cleaning the entire house by myself.
Heaven forbid someone gets sick this week.

I guess the humor in this is all is that I see it, I recognize it, I internalize most of it...unless you call at the right time and then you can get an earful because I need to vent it all out...thank you Lisa!

And how strange that as quickly as it comes...a week later it's all gone and I feel human and emotionally sound again. (notice I did not use the word normal).

I must go dive into the chocolate I've been saving...and I'm pretty sure there's icing in the fridge too...they will go splendidly together.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I think I could have written that.
like, exactly.

well, except the Olympics part ;-)