Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Looking back so we can move forward...

OK...hello!!! Welcome to 2010! A year that I pray is full of good health, good friends, good fun!

I've been very absent from blog-land for a long time. Last summer I got goosed by a water park spray thing and it killed the camera in my pocket. I had to rely on other people's camera, which worked sometimes and other time there just weren't cameras around.

For Christmas my favorite father-in-law gave me a new camera and I will be forever grateful. Thank you Jim! :O)

But not only was I without a camera, I was without motivation and creativity.

I got caught up in a lot of emotional personal stuff that I'm continuing to work through. I was looking at other people and wishing I was more like them as far as organization or creativity or outside-the-box thinking or you name it...I was envious. I struggled with letting myself believe I didn't measure up to a lot of people.

This being said, I've had to work on getting on my knees more and praying lots. I'm currently still working on this. I'm currently trying to figure out where God has me NOW. To discover the person God HAS made, and stop worrying about the person I don't think I am. Discovering my talents and my passions is my goal this year. (If you have found them laying around anywhere please let me know.)

This will be a daunting process for me. This means I have to take time for me...for the "inward" me...and that hasn't come easy the last few years. But I am determined!!

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "Plans to give you hope and a future."

1 comment:

Derek and Betsy said...

Good to see you blogging again... God loves you and made you who you are (with your talents, abilities and personality) for a reason. You are doing the right thing by praying and submitting to God to use you and your gifts for his glory. May God poor many blessings to you and through you in 2010! DW

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5,6