Friday, January 15, 2010

Amber

Amber is the oldest by less than a minute. I'm sure it has something to do with her amazing start to life, but she's never been my cuddle-bug. Rarely volunteers hugs or kisses. I go to hug her and she just stands there with a silly grin on her face. We say "I love you" and she gets shy.

She's not stand-offish or cold-hearted by any means, but you can tell she's independent and strong and deals with things on her own.

But lately - she's been all hugs and kisses and "I love yous". Her kisses are like a babies...open mouthed and wet...which I think is funny...so when I get a sucker-fish kiss I laugh and say "No! ...silly...close your mouth!...like this..." But she comes and tells us she loves us and she gives kisses and hugs freely. Her outward affection is developing fast! I can't get enough...I feel like we are making up for lost time!!

She's smart and talented and curious. Loves to know how things work. Give her a hammer and a nail and she'll build you a castle...or a barn for her horses. Give her a mixer and some eggs and she'd bake you a cake like Grandad. Give her a challenge, be patient with her as she works through her determination, and she'll succeed at whatever she wants.

She's confident in who she is, in school and in reading and in doing homework. She'll correct you if you read the wrong word in a book and she'll draw pictures with great detail and creativity. She'll teach you a sign if you don't know it and she cracks us up when she thinks she's so funny. Her expressive language grows everyday and she continues to try to work in everyday phrases appropriately...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.








2 comments:

Sarah said...

Even at four months you could have just described Corinna. She is not a cuddle bug at all. She would prefer to move and wiggle. Now I want to hear about the other two!

The AB club said...

It's so neat how thier little personalities develop. Definitely fearfully and wonderfully made.