Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day thoughts

So here's my take on Mother's Day....it's too weird for me!!! I always honored my Mother - it's what you did, and she deserved to be honored...and still does! It's never felt natural to celebrate it for me.

Eric took me out to a nice dinner tonight without kids...fabulous! Thank you my dear!!

But here's the thing. Being a mom is not about me. I am part of a fabulous team...a parental team. I don't do what I do without the help of my amazing husband who is my biggest fan. And he doesn't need a date on the calendar to feel obligated to tell me that he loves me or that he thinks I'm doing a great job as a mother. He tells me all year long.

Maybe that's why Mother's Day is odd to me...I don't feel that I should be honored because of a day on the calendar, for something I volunteered to do! My kids are wonderful - they tell me they love me - they are well behaved...usually - they help me when I need it...on any day...not just the 2nd Sunday of May.

So - I'm a bit anti-Mother's Day....but I love being a mother.

No comments: