Monday, January 19, 2009

Cooking in a hurry...

...don't do it!

I have bible study tonight - and my group is in charge of food. So I decide to make something new, yet simple.

But I was having too many distractions, phone calls, kids, splitting headache...things like that. So here's a rundown of what happened....

-recipe called for 3/4 cup of sugar...I did 1 cup...easy enough to scoop out.
-Realized my brown sugar was actually bits of rock-candy...not really, but the brown sugar was so dry that there were pieces as hard as a rock!! I tried to pick most of them out (after blending with the butter)...but then after being on the phone with my sister for 30 minutes, realized the pieces just absorbed the moisture and mixed in fine....I think!
-added 3 cups of flour instead of 1.5 C....I thought I grabbed the 1/2 C measure and grabbed the 1 C....a little mor difficult to scoop out - but got it for the most part.
-Then realized I was supposed to mix the dry ingredients separately and then add them to the sticky, wet ingredients. This wouldn't have been a big deal if I would have used a larger bowl. Instead I sprayed batter all over my counter, my walls and myself trying to unclog my beaters without stopping them.

In the end I think it will work out...although it's suppose to chill for 2 hrs before cutting/baking. I've put them in the freezer to speed up the process...so as long as I don't forget them I'll be good!

The sad thing is...this isn't uncommon cooking practice for me!!! hahahahaha!!

No comments: