Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sick energy

Why is it that my girls get this sudden burst of energy when they are sick? Maybe not at first, but the next morning.

A few weeks ago I had to go get Amber from school because she wasn't feeling well. In all actuality you would have thought she found the sugar bag that afternoon.

Yesterday I pick Camryn up from school and she's struggling. She said she had a headache (!? for a 5 year old!?) and she cried all the way to get Amber and in Target I realized she had a fever. When we finally got home her fever was 102.5. This morning it's still over 101 and she's playing like it's a Saturday. She says her ear and tummy hurts and one of her glands is bulging, but you'd think she were getting ready for play date.

Why can't she just want to lay around on the couch all day? Isn't that what you are supposed to do when you're sick?

2 comments:

Derek and Betsy said...

I agree. Lucy is the same way. We can never tell she is sick unless we take her temperature. Morgan on the other hand milks it for everything its worth. I hope Camryn feels better soon...DW

Naomi said...

I know what you mean. Unless they are dying, they don't know how they are supposed to act when they are sick! The worst part is that when they puke, they give you no warning so it can happen at the most unopportune times.