Monday, December 15, 2008

Husband points!

Can I brag for a minute? I came home from my afternoon school-pick-up rounds around 4:00 this afternoon. Eric's car was in the driveway. I was a big confused and concerned. He never comes home early.

So I walk inside, very cautiously to find him doing dishes - and the laundry is going. I asked what he was doing here and he said he just felt like he needed to come home and help me out this afternoon by cleaning the house. I asked if he got fired or if there was bad news coming or a catch to all of this.

He said, "This is your Christmas present." I just cried and said, "I love presents like this." He grinned and said, "I know."

For the first half hour all I had to do was look at him folding laundry or scrubbing floors and I'd just cry. It was wonderfully weird.

1 comment:

Holly said...

that's all sooo great!
(like, the last 20 posts or so ;-)

and that really is a cool husband!