Thursday, November 27, 2008

Salon Drinks

Since I have no loyalty to a hair stylist in NC yet, I decided to get my hair cut in Cincinnati. I found a salon near where we were staying and made an appointment.

The girl was great. Young, fresh, attentive, professional but logical, listened great and took her time - gave me options, but didn't push me in one way or another...and I LOVED my hair for the first time in a long time. I wanted to put the girl in my pocket and take her home with me!

However, my issue with nice salons is the drink they give you.

I love when they offer you coffee or tea or water or wine (at my salon in Colorado wine & beer were always offered).

But here's where the frustration comes in: When do you get to actually drink it?

You take a sip or two just before you sit in the chair and then you start talking about the hair cut....then comes the ever-encompassing black drape. I feel as if I can't take my arms out of it. Once she starts cutting I don't want to move. I feel it's rude or distracting...and heaven forbid I move and she takes a bad cut!!

So I sit there - watching my once steaming cup of hot tea slowly become luke warm.

I was able to take a couple more sips after the hair washing, but still left it about 1/3 full when I walked out.

Why bother offering drinks? It's a nice idea, don't get me wrong - but it's like going to the dentist and them asking questions while their hands are in your mouth.

1 comment:

JLF said...

Pictures of the new do please!!!