Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Facebook

What a fabulous place!

Remember when "myspace" was the big thing, but it wasn't super user friendly and you had weird people on there?

Now I've found Facebook! It's so easy to find people on there. People who you haven't seen or talked to in years. I've reconnected with some fun people and some old friends. But today, someone found me.

She was one of my campers from Kanakuk in MO, 11 years ago. I was only there for one summer. What she said has warmed my heart and opened my heart to the fact that it doesn't matter the length of time you spend with a person....it's the way you share God's love that matters. This was a fun summer job...what a payoff!!

hey stacy,

I came across your profile on here and I just had to ask did you ever work at Kanakuk Kamps in Branson Missouri? More specifically did you work at K Kountry in 1998? I wondered because You look just like my counselor at this summer camp and her name was stacy murkin and her co counselor was named kaela kenley.

Well if you happen to be the same stacy murkin, I just wanted to let you know that my name is Hillary Catlett and I was 11 years old my first year at kamp in barn 9 at k kountry and my life was radically changed because of the impact that you and kaela had on me. I was a very socially awkward and non athletic girl and you both helped me become more confident.

since then i was a kamper for 5 years and i've worked at k kountry for the last 7 summers. I am now 22 and eleven years later i still remember you and I just wanted you to know that you blessed me and impacted my life the summer i was in your barn at kamp.

now having said all that, if you are not the same stacy murkin, then i apologize haha just disregard this email. otherwise, i would love to hear from you!

sincerely,
Hillary Ann Catlett

1 comment:

JLF said...

OH MY! That is sooo fabulous girl, gave me chills. Love the new blog background. XOXO