Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Catching Up

It's been crazy. We had a great time with my mom. Halloween was fine. I wasn't in the spirit this year, but it was still fun to let the kids trick-or-treat in warm weather!! No coats or gloves...just nice, enjoyable strolling around the neighborhood.

We spent yesterday and Monday in Raleigh at my dear friend, Jessica's, house. She has 4 kids, ages 1 1/2, 3, 5, 7...plus my 2 5 year olds and a 3 year old. Thank goodness she has lots of toys!

Today I was ready to adopt out the kids before I got the girls dropped off at school. I was ready to just drop them off at the corner before we got home after school. I was ready to cry when Eric left for his night out...business dinner, softball game, and then special work event...mainly because Camryn had just walked her shoes across my bed...they had dog poop on them.

The kids have just been emotionally needy. I'm not sure what's going on, but my "love pitcher" is pretty bare, so any extra need is just draining.

But then it happened....God's grace...God's love....His reminder that He's there.

It was right before dinner and the kids were asking for everything except what I was making. They had literally dumped baskets of toys all over. I figured I better start the picking up process before dinner...because I knew it'd last awhile.

I gave them each their "jobs" for picking up. Camryn and Amber (Amber having the biggest job since she made the biggest mess, and who is also usually my biggest challenge) were actually done picking up...completely...and without me having to repeat myself one time...before dinner!! Tyler played more during his picking up, but I chose not to get mad...just make him do it after dinner too.

Then we sat down for dinner and they scarfed their food and told me how much the liked it!! Cleaned their plates!

Then without needing reminding, Tyler started to finish his pickup job when he was done eating...and Camryn said, "I'll help you Tyler."

I gathered them all up for praise and hugs and they gave me a group hug and I told them how happy they had made me. Then Camryn's mixed-up sentence said it all....

"God made you love us, didn't he?!" I just smiled and gave her another hug.

2 comments:

Holly said...

phew. caught up and so with you!

Naomi said...

I love what Camryn said!