Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Styrofoam peanuts

I have learned something...

...never leave the box full of styrofoam peanuts accessible to the kids.

I should have taken a picture. And those things aren't easy to pick up either.

But God also used it as a love lesson.

I could have easily made my daughter pick it up by herself. And she would have been there all night crying and telling me it was hard work and she can't do it by herself. And I could have yelled and put her in time out and insisted that she clean it up.

But then it was as if God was standing there next to me in the entryway looking at the mess and saying, "Hmmm...that's a big mess she made. It really is too big for her to pick up by herself. You love her right? I love you and I help you with all your really big messes...you couln't clean those up by yourself...you need me, just as she needs you right now."

So I knelt down and helped...because sometimes that's just what a parent does.

3 comments:

JLF said...

You are such a good Mommy.

Sarah said...

My daughter is currently cleaning her room by herself, but I have inspired to give a little love help! Thanks for the reminder.

Linda :o) said...

Don't you just love it when He talks to us like that! It's too bad more people can't be Mom's so they could understand Him better!

I'm glad you have a heart after His! - even when you're tired and stressed.

Your heart so often makes my joy a little more "compete."

Love You, Stacy,
Mom :o)