Sunday, July 6, 2008

weekend bonding

Usually when I get some time alone with Eric, it's on a date eating dinner or watching a movie, maybe I'm asleep on the couch while he's watching the baseball game. But this weekend we had some great time together at home!!!

Yesterday, after my parents left (they were on their way to D.C....to their new home!), Eric and I played wiffle ball in the back yard. The kids were down for a nap and he and I took turns pitching and hitting, then we'd both hop fences into neighbors yards to retrieve the balls...usually the ones he hit! I spent much more time pitching than hitting, but had a great time. There were times we were laughing so hard I thought I'd pee my pants. It was a blast!

Then, last night we decided to watch a movie together...and usually, so I don't fall asleep 15 minutes into the movie, I do my nails. So I was getting ready to soak my feet and guess who wanted to soak his feet too?! His were dry and cracking so he thought a good foot soak would be good...don't let him kid you...he enjoyed it, because then I trimmed his toe nails and rubbed lotion into his feet too!! (I know some of you are gagging right now because feet gross you out, but I enjoy it...never bothers me).

So, this weekend we bonded in such fun ways...wiffle ball and foot soaks...what could be better?

I'm so grateful for a husband who loves to live and laugh. I love the way he loves me.

No comments: