Sunday, July 13, 2008

She's reading!

One of the most fun things I've experienced lately is that Camryn is starting to read!! She's not really reading sentences yet, but she's learning to sound out words. We are slowly working on connecting them. But it so fun to see her work so hard at it and then to actually hear the word in her head!

Today at lunch she saw a sign for Golf Galaxy and she said very matter of factly, "Mom...I will read that word. G-O-L-F" Then she smiled and said, "GOLF!"

I am using a program online that I found. The website is www.readinglesson.com. I really like the logic. I'll use it for Amber too. She's not super interested yet so I'm not pushing it, but it's fun to do it with Camryn.

She's growing up. (Even right now I hear her repeating the words we just went over!)

Love it!

No comments: