Wednesday, July 30, 2008
This morning we got up early and dropped his car off to get inspected and then we went to Panera and had a bagel and coffee!! Eric's working from home this morning. I'm going to work in the office some more...because it's turning into a big project! I've left a message about possibly getting my hair cut today, and I still plan on finding non-kid-friendly stores to go into later today!! heehee!!
Eric says I'm enjoying being kidless a little too much this week. :O) But I say, they are happy and having fun and there have been no more electric fence issues....plus they got to go to Red Robin yesterday...which means Tyler got a balloon....My brother-in-law said he's never seen a balloon make someone SO happy. that's my boy.
*sigh*...and my house remains clean!!! That's my favorite part! I haven't even left the house until this morning....2 straight day so of being inside my house...and it was lovely and quiet...AND CLEAN!! hahahahahaha!!!!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Today I slept in until 9! Then I made myself a latte and sat outside until it started raining. Then I cleaned the kitchen, scrubbed the floor, did some ironing, then started on the office. I'm currently going through file folders and have an ankle-high pile of paper on the floor...and I'm not done yet.
Last night Eric and I went out to dinner and walked around. Guess what...!? We are doing it again tonight too!!! AHH!!! And we are going to see a movie. Tomorrow we are going to breakfast before we drop his car off and then I take him to work. Then tomorrow is my play day! I've worked hard and I want to enjoy a day too!! Tomorrow I want to find little antique shops and shops with breakable things in it....places I would never take 3 kids into! Yea!! I'll let you know how it goes.
I asked my mom if it was bad if I don't get to the point of missing my kids this week. She said it used to take her a week of being alone before missing everyone! I know my kids are having a blast...that makes it easy to enjoy my clean house and not worry about them or feel lonely!! :O) heehee!!
...until then...back to the files!!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Notice Amber's attempt to "color-in" the black swirls, and then notice Tyler's more "abstract" approach.
Saying good-bye to dad in the morning (if they happen to wake up before he leaves):
1) Drag mom out of bed so she can stand outside with the kids
2) Run outside with dad, open his car door
3) Dad gets in car...just about tripping over everyone because they won't move
4) Once dad is sitting down, give dad a hug, say "Bye Dad, I love you"
5) Kids close the car door...NOT dad.
6) Dad rolls down window and each kid gives a high-five then nuckles
7) Go stand by mom and wave and yell "BYE BYE DAD I LOVE YOU...HAVE A GOOD DAY!"
Leaving the house to go anywhere
1) Go potty...or at least try
2) Get the 2 toys you want to take in the car with you....if you put 10 toys inside a box, this does not count as one.
3) Wait by the garage door for mom to push the button
4) Let the toys "ride" the door up
5) Have mom tell us 5 times to get in the car
6) Try switching seats to see if mom cares today...she does...switch into our own seats
7) While getting buckled, throw a fit that we forgot our water....mom so graciously goes and gets them.
Getting out of the car when we've returned
1) Have mom tell us 3 times to get all the toys we brought and take our shoes with us.
2) Someone needs to fall out of the car or get pushed or drop a toy under the car that makes mom go get it. (This isn't always...but occasionally)
3) Whine that we are tired and want mom to carry us
4) Go stand just inside the garage so the toys can "Ride" down the door.
5) Drop toys and shoes in the laundry room on the way in so mom can trip on all of them while carrying her bags in.
6) Go back and pick up toys in laundry room and put them away...don't forget the shoes.
1) Go from throwing fits because we are so tired, to putting our pajamas on and acting like mom just fed us a bowl of sugar
2) Bounce of the walls, chase each other around.
3) Whine about picking up toys
4) Go to the farthest point in the house from the room and ask for a "running" piggy back ride.
5) Go find "night-nights" (special blankets)
6) cry because we can't find them (If we'd just learn to leave them in our room like mom tells us we'd know just where they are)
7) Mom found them...ask for another piggy back ride...cry when she says no.
8) Get in bed, ask for water...oh...dad already got it for us
9) "Mom - we forgot to brush our teeth!"
10) out of bed...brush our teeth...try for another piggy back ride...(NO!)
11) Once in bed ask mom to sing "Tiger on the bus" (tickling game) maybe another song or two. "Get" mom...hold her arms so she bounces us around...then get her neck so she can't get free (They think it's hysterical). Say prayers. I LOVE YOU MOM!
12) Repeat when dad comes in.
13) Wait 5 minutes and then come out of the room to "go to the bathroom" or because you can't find your water or because mom didn't close the door softly so she needs to do it again.
How did it get to this?!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
My girls woke up this morning and immediately started playing together. One has a plastic horse, one as a plastic cow, and they are completely content.
As rough as my introduction to motherhood was, it really has so many benefits right now. Now that they are older and I feel like I have triplets at times, it's a beautiful thing. They are each others best friends. And at times like these, I don't care that we have triple-time-outs at times.
God has blessed me in ways I would have never considered "blessings" when I was younger. I'm so greatful He knows what He's doing and that He knows what I need.
Thank you Jesus ,for a family I never thought I would want, but you knew I always needed.
*It didn't cost me $4
*I didn't have to drag 3 kids in with me or wait in a drive-thru
*It's actually exactly what I ordered!
*I might actually finish it before it gets cold!
It's one of the "perks" in my life right now!
HAHA!! Get it? Perk?
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Camryn called to me at one point today:
Camryn: "Mom, come here and look really quick"
Mom: "Do I have to kill it?"
Camryn: "No."...said with a giggle like I was joking.
Camryn: "Can you make our beds?"
...not just make the beds, but put the mattress back on the box spring! What do they do in there?!
I've been sick for the last couple of days. The first day I laid on the couch as much as I could. The 2nd day I felt pretty good, but today, I'm in between. Enough to feel "Blah", but not enough to justify laying around all day. So I just really want to whine....hence my rambles.
I'm going to go get strawberries and whip cream and watch a chick flick and fold laundry...that way I'm being productive and lazy at the same time!
Countdown....4 days until all 3 kids go to Aunt Lisa & Uncle Louis' for 5 days!!!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Nothing was more heartwarming...and funny...than allowing my kids to watch it the other night and listening to the girls laugh so hard they could hardly talk. The belly laughing - the squeals - the pure enjoyment. Eric and I were laughing harder at the girls than the show.
It was great to know the girls will have the same sick, warped sense of humor that I have.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
I took my first class today. There were times that I thought I would throw up the last drink of water I just took...but I never did. There were times I would look in the mirror and see my legs kicking and think, "Wow...I thought those fell off 20 kicks ago...I'm surprised they are working". But my final thought....it kicked my butt and I loved it! It was great. Plus, the instructor is like 6 months pregnant and so it's a bit motivating....if she can do it...I can too!!! YEAH!!!
Monday, July 14, 2008
We went to Lisa's on Saturday - this is me and Dottie...I'm on the right.
This is my favorite picture this week. I often find him like this, and finally went and got my camera. It's just too cute.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Today at lunch she saw a sign for Golf Galaxy and she said very matter of factly, "Mom...I will read that word. G-O-L-F" Then she smiled and said, "GOLF!"
I am using a program online that I found. The website is www.readinglesson.com. I really like the logic. I'll use it for Amber too. She's not super interested yet so I'm not pushing it, but it's fun to do it with Camryn.
She's growing up. (Even right now I hear her repeating the words we just went over!)
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
My dear new friend, Kristie, watched 2 of my kids today so I could take Amber to the audiologist. I love that God provided a friend so quickly that I can do kid-swapping with! So nice!
I also loved the audiologist I talked to today. In so many ways she affirmed what I was doing and what I wanted to do...without me giving her all my thoughts, it's like she was reading them. It was so encouraging I wanted to cry and give her a great big hug...instead I think I'll just send her a thank you email! It made me feel not so defeated and blind in what I'm doing.
Eric's got a softball game tonight....if it's early, maybe we'll all go...if not, maybe I'll put the kids down and have a beer!
Ok - I should go unload all my groceries and get dinner started!! I so want a personal chef!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Trying to spell "Amber"..just not fast enough
Trying to spell "Mimi"...just not fast enough
We will go over on Saturday for a pig roast to celebrate Louis' graduation from Ranger School. Then Eric and I will come back without kids...without car seats...without fighting...without arguing...without midnight snacks and potty breaks...without time outs....!!!
He and I can have a date night. I can clean and it will stay clean. I can sleep in or go to Target and get lost in the isles!
Change of plans...as I was typing, Lisa called and said we'd have to wait 2 weeks because of their schedule. OK...deep breath...it's fine...2 weeks isn't bad. Of course I've already told the kids 5 days....good thing they don't have much of a concept of number of days yet!
Still - I love that Lisa & Louis want to spend this time with the kids. It will be great for everyone.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Yesterday, after my parents left (they were on their way to D.C....to their new home!), Eric and I played wiffle ball in the back yard. The kids were down for a nap and he and I took turns pitching and hitting, then we'd both hop fences into neighbors yards to retrieve the balls...usually the ones he hit! I spent much more time pitching than hitting, but had a great time. There were times we were laughing so hard I thought I'd pee my pants. It was a blast!
Then, last night we decided to watch a movie together...and usually, so I don't fall asleep 15 minutes into the movie, I do my nails. So I was getting ready to soak my feet and guess who wanted to soak his feet too?! His were dry and cracking so he thought a good foot soak would be good...don't let him kid you...he enjoyed it, because then I trimmed his toe nails and rubbed lotion into his feet too!! (I know some of you are gagging right now because feet gross you out, but I enjoy it...never bothers me).
So, this weekend we bonded in such fun ways...wiffle ball and foot soaks...what could be better?
I'm so grateful for a husband who loves to live and laugh. I love the way he loves me.