Friday, June 27, 2008

snakes

Seriously!? First cockroaches...now snakes!? Where on earth did I move to? Send me back to dry boring Colorado!! I walk out on my back deck to let my dogs out and find a long black snake curled up in some shade. The pooper-scooper rake didn't work in containing him and he slithered under the deck. I want to vomit.

I now have my heavy duty flat bladed shovel sitting by the back door to attack him with next time...although if I don't get him I'll call animal control.

SERIOUSLY!!!???

Update: So I've decided not to freak out about this. It's the initial shock of finding something like that which I realize is the worst part. After I freak out efficiently I find I can calm down and relax...I'm always on the look out...I think he's still under the deck. I think I can hear him...and I get get down on my hands and knees and look for him under there. But we have a really big deck and as long as he stays in the back....fine. But I carry my handy shovel with me around now!

I did tell the kids about it and what to do...of course Amber only wants to see it.

2 comments:

Holly said...

look him up, if he's not poisinous animal control won't do diddly.

seriously.

JLF said...

"dry boring Colorado" wants you back! :)