Saturday, June 14, 2008

New Friend!

A couple of weeks ago I met this girl at the pool...thanks to our kids. She and her family just moved here from Maryland. We've hung out and had a great time and our kids all get along well too. She's got an almost 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old...both girls.

Yesterday the moving truck came to their new place to unload so I had the privilege of helping!! I took both girls and their yellow lab...because really...once you have 2 yellow labs, what's another?! She came and got the youngest at lunch to take home for her nap, but the rest of us hung out all day. We watched movies with popcorn and played outside and they chased each other around screaming like banshees!! (Seriously ear-piercing) I even did sand art with the kids. There was a lot of sand....a lot. But it was great and they were very proud of their finished product...thank you Target $1 section!

Then last night we had them over for tacos. After their long day of dealing with boxes they joined us for a nice, relaxing evening of kids, dogs, tacos, a bit of heat and humidity and some wine! Oh...and ice cream! It was great. I was so grateful that I was able to help. I had been praying that God show me where I can help others in this area, but at a level I'm capable of ...this was perfect! Thank you God! But the best part is not only do I have a new friend...I have a kid-swapping friend!!

1 comment:

JLF said...

Yea! Sand art and tacos ... you are fabulous! Glad you had such a great time with Eric's Dad, oh and I love the snow gear. Awesome.

You know how much I love you ... right???

Happy Father's Day to Eric ... Caloy is still sleeping, must be nice. :)