Monday, June 16, 2008

cockroaches....GROSS!!!!

I don't know gals...I don't know if I WANT to do this. "THIS" being the south. I've succumbed to killing at least one spider a day...whether it be in my bathtub before the kids get in or finding one crawling across the kitchen floor or even taking down a very impressive web just so I don't walk through it...of course, smashing the spider before doing so. And I really don't like spiders.

However....last night there was a giant cockroach in my kitchen!!!!!!! GAG...throw up...gag...scream...shiver...gross...YUCK!!!

I saw the dog digging at something and saw something BIG move and told him to leave it...then I saw what it was and started yelling "GET IT, GET IT CROSLEY, GET IT"...over and over. I had to assess the situation and find the proper whacking object. My bare feet and the plush football would not work...so thankfully the dogs kept it occupied while I realized my largest frying pan was on the counter....I reached...called off the dogs...and hit it as hard as I could (not caring about the floor or the frying pan)...then I just left the pan on the floor. I was afraid if I lifted it up it would just be mad and come after me.

Eric wasn't sure if it was a water bug or a cockroach...so I took a picture on my phone and sent it to my dad and sister. My sister is evidentally a cockroach expert having lived in GA for awhile. She said, "It's a cockroach...but the good thing (good thing?) is that it's not the kind that live in your house...they just pass through." Oh...well...FIND A DIFFERENT ROUTE!!! GROSS!!!!


here it is...smooshed...but still twitching. It was not small.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I don't know if it will help but I buy those huge gallon jugs of indoor/outdoor bug spray things from the grocery store and spray every 3-4 months (even though it says it lasts 9 months) and that has helped a TON - we are 'infested' here in the midwest as well! I spray indoor and outdoor!