Thursday, May 22, 2008

Swimming with 3!!

I did it!!! I have only one time taken all three kids to the pool by myself with a friend and after that experience (finding Amber floating in the deep end...behind a rock where not even the lifeguards could see her...thank goodness for the arm floaties!!) I swore I wouldn't do it again for a LONG time. And I haven't.

But, we went with Eric on Saturday and met a family that moved here less than 2 weeks ago from Maryland. They have an almost 3 year old and a 16 month old. We chatted and I gave her my number. Well she called yesterday and asked if we'd like to meet them at the pool that afternoon. (this was on a voicemail) Here's what went through my head before I called her back:

"3 KIDS??? IN THE POOL? BY MYSELF? No way. I don't want to do it. But I do need to meet new people and she's someone I could be friends with. The kids would love it.3 KIDS??? IN THE POOL??? BY MYSELF?? Well..maybe"

They don't allow inflatable things in this pool, ie: arm floaties, so we had bought them all life vests the other day before going. This ended up to be fabulous. We talked about the rules before getting out of the car. And they actually listened. Still not a great place for a get-to-know-you play date, so I think I'm going to invite them over to the house tomorrow where they can just play.

Guess what...now I can do 3 kids...in the pool...by myself.
(to an extent!)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm impressed!!! I don't even trust myself with my two kids by myself and they are 2, almost 3 and 4. Mainly because at our new Y, they have this water castle thing and by the time Sawyer goes down the slide, he ALWAYS goes under, in the meantime I have to keep my eye on my daughter, making sure she doesn't linger into the deeper water! Yikes....way to go!!!