Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cooking with my kids

Hmmmmm.....this is not yet fun for me!! HA!!! I really try and I really do want to enjoy it some day. Everone talks about doing it and it's great and everything is a mess and the cookies are flat and burned and not perfect...but boy was it fun. Yea...that's not me yet.

I try every few months to let my kids help me bake...and today was that day. It'd be interesting to have a blood pressure monitor on me. There is flour and oats and raisins all over the floor and counter. The girls tried to stir and I tried not to grimmace and yell. Suprisingly today I didn't have to rewash their hands a million times because of nose picking or finger sucking or other "things". Only once did someone fall off the stool and land on my foot. And my yelling was really supressed because I was REALLY trying. So all in all...we've had worse.

I am a neat and tidy cook. I like to clean as I go. I like that I can just about be cleaned up when I'm done....I can't do that with kids and for whatever reason it still stresses me out. But I'm working on it because I want to genuinely enjoy it with my kids. Someday. Someday.

right?

OK - they are off jumping on beds, the last batch is in the oven....I can clean in peace...if I hurry.

1 comment:

the AB club said...

I'm right there with you. It has been my goal lately to let Emma cook with me in the kitchen in order to spend time with her and to start teaching her how to cook. But I have to admit my tendency is to shove her out and encourage her to go play with her brother while I spend time alone in the kitchen. Way to go having all three in the kitchen!!!