Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The mom behind the camera

As I start this blog I wanted to add the photos of my kids and husband as a reminder of why I do what I do. At the same time I wanted a couple of pictures of me to include to remind me of me. That's easier said than done. I've realized I'm a photographer. A perfect example of "where am I?" Where do I fit into my life. I try to help my kids and my husband live their lives to a point where I don't live my own. I'm not resentful at all because I love capturing these moments. But I'm realizing I'm forgetting my own self....forgetting to include me in the life that I'm trying to provide for my family. I'm trying to be the party planner....but I want to be living the party...not only planning it.

1 comment:

Holly said...

YOU HAVE NO FLIPPING CLUE HOW EXCITED I AM THAT YOU ARE DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!
I'm not exaggerating either. You'd believe me if you could see the tears in my eyes right now. You're going to love it and it will feel like we get to talk almost everyday!!!! (a rarity for mamas!)