Thursday, April 3, 2008

How can pain feel so good?

Once upon a time...a long long time ago...I worked out and was in shape and felt good. Then I stopped. I hung out with friends and enjoyed being single and it was great. Then I got married, which is fabulous. We have always tried to encourage each other to keep working out and staying healthy. I did ok for a couple of years...maintaining, but not much more. Then the kids came. I bought dumbells and a yoga mat, a exercise ball and some videos. I'd do really well for maybe a week or two...at the most...and then I'd rather sit in front of the TV at the end of a long day getting lost in someone elses world, rather than facing mine.

This week we joined the Y. Today, I met with a personal trainer and she wrote me get a structured workout routine and walked me through it...rep by painful rep. But it felt so good. Now...tomorrow I may not be able to type...but today I feel great. I felt accomplished and taller and not quite like a deadbeat mom.

Now...onto the mounds of laundry that Eric so kindly started for me...that I have yet to finish.

2 comments:

JLF said...

YIPEEEEE! I am so proud of you for doing this. It is an amazing release for me and I know it will be for you too. I get the "finding me" deal ... Huge really. I love you to pieces and can hardly wait to read more!!!
J

Holly said...

I'm right there with ya...I started 'seriously' doing 'this' about two weeks ago - already lost 10 lbs and feeeeeellll way better!
you go girl!